Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cross Stitch - Work in Progress

My good friend Michelle is 15 years younger than me, but we have so much in common - books, movies, and an old fashioned love for all things crafty. Michelle loves sewing but has never attempted cross-stitch. One day last year while I was visiting she showed me her amazing sewing room (she has no kids yet so has a WHOLE room to herself just for craft and sewing). She told me her mother had sent her this Dimensions cross-stich kit which was still brand new and unopened and not wanting to attempt it herself I offered to take it home and do it for her. It came up beautiful!!! Unfortunately I am yet to get a photo of the finished project. Note to self: Take a photo next time you visit Michelle.

Last week while buying our new sewing machine at Spotlight (local craft and fabric store) I found this smaller Dimensions kit. It's a baby sister to the other one and I just couldn't resist getting it for Michelle. Shhh... don't tell her, I want to frame it and surprise her.

So this is my progress so far...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment