Friday, April 6, 2012

Cross Stitch Florals

When my baby girl was born I bought this gorgeous bunny from one of my fellow cross-stitching kindred spirits Mandy. I just loved the stitching on the little cushion. She just seemed a happy reminder today of my love of all things stitched and of how much I love flowers.

 One of the first cross-stitch pattern books I ever bought back in the 1990s was this one by Shirley Watts.

I fell in love with this nine panel cushion, but instead of making it into a cushion I was looking for something I could use on my square coffee table.

Pink Saxifrage (Saxifraga Cranbourne)

Pasqueflower (Pulsatilla Vulgaris)

(Lewisia Tweedyi)

Windflower (Anemone Blanda)

Auricula (Primula Auricula)

Spring Gentian (Gentiana Verna)

Edelweis (Leontopodium alpinum)

(Lithodora Heavenly Blue)

Yellow Saxifrage (Saxifraga Alpiculata)

..and here is how I finished it as a table mat.

As backing I used this pretty cottage print fabric. Well actually to be fair my mother sewed it together for me since machine sewing is something I've never been very good at. It has faded over time but worn quite well over the past 13 years.

It still holds pride of place on my coffee table!

Lastly a look at a simple piece I stitched over a weekend many years ago. I just loved the words on here. Don't you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment