Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Watching Television

Someone once told me that dogs can't see what's on the television because it's two dimensional. I totally disagree. Marley is the funniest thing whenever there are other dogs on the television.

He will sit on my lap or with the children and look as though he is totally enthralled in what we are watching.

If a dog comes on the TV he will start barking at it. He's also barked at horses and cats and mice on the TV, but not people.

A few times now he's even barked at cartoon dogs.

They don't have to be barking, he just sees them - their shape, their fur...I'm not sure what it is that attracts his attention.

His favourite movie, believe it or not, is 101 Dalmations, the Glen Close version. He will actually try to chase the puppies behind the TV in the entertainment unit.

He will follow them off the screen and then try to climb in behind the TV to see where they've gone. I've never seen anything like it and I've owned a few dogs now.

Jasper doesn't take any notice of them, but to Marley they are real dogs! How bizarre.

Has anyone else ever heard of that happening?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marley and Jasper! We heard many humans believe we doggie can't see much on the TV BUT what are they thinking?? :D We love being with our mom and dad and watch TV together. (If there is some food out, it's heaven!) We both bark to all kinds of animals and weired stuff on the screen. We just can't help..

    Momo & Pinot xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny! Rouky does not notice dogs all the time, but when it happens, he barks really loudly. I have a week off next week: I'll rent 101 Dalmatians to see how he reacts. I love this movie! :-)

    ReplyDelete