Thursday, March 11, 2010

Looking for Sunshine...

We're into week three of the great March rains. My husband and I were married in March 15 years ago and so far every year except one - last year, it has rained in March. Not just a little rain either, but downpours that mean no hanging washing outside, no playing outside for kids or dogs, no work for my husband who is a contractor in the building industry and so no rain, no work, no pay...still we manage.

It's just the dreariness of it when it drags on that for a few weeks that is annoying. I shouldn't complain really. The rest of the country has been suffering from severe drought for a few years now and we seem to have an over abundance of rain, especially this time of year. We had a very dry winter last year and then spring and summer were no better, so now that Autumn is here the heavens have opened and the floodgates are pouring forth.

I feel for the puppies though, as they are house bound and hate being locked outside in the rain since our new room was added on (see earlier post for explanation). I wanted to go and do some shopping today as it's been over 2 1/2 weeks since I've left the house with all the sickness we've had in the family...but then...after only one day of sunshine yesterday it started raining again very heavily and I just didn't have the heart to lock Marley and Jasper out there. I was worried they'd be too silly to run and hide in the cubby house which is so nice and warm and dry and that I'd come home to two soggy doggy's again.

Happily, my husband came home around 1pm and so I ducked out for an hour or so leaving the boys inside with Daddy.

When they're inside at times like these I often find them sleeping somewhere they can find a little bit of sunshine streaming in between the downpours. It must feel so comforting for them to have the heat of the sunshine streaming in through a window. They will follow the sun from room to room as the sun shifts over the horizon...

I took some of these images since the puppies were small to show how they just love laying in the sunshine.


Shhhh....fast asleep....in the living room


In the bedroom....


and back to the living room again...

No comments:

Post a Comment