Thursday, February 18, 2010

"I will follow you will you follow me..."

"I will follow you will you follow me
All the days and nights that we know will be
I will stay with you will you stay with me
Just one single tear in each passing year"

Remember those words sung by Genesis? It sums up Cavaliers so nicely and is still one of my all time favourite songs.

One of the nicest things I love about Cavaliers is that they just love company. They are both sitting at my feet as I type. Jasper as usual is licking my feet and Marley is as close as he can get with his head on my other foot.

If I get up to take my empty tea cup to the kitchen they will get up and follow me and then follow me back again when I come to sit down. If I get up to go to the bathroom they will follow me there too and sit outside until I come out, if I left the door open which has happened on occassion with the kids they will follow us right inside...Jasper even following my daughter right into the shower one time.

Jasper is the worst or maybe I should say the best at it, since it doesn't bother me, it's kind of sweet to feel loved that much by something that will attach itself to you and follow your every move.

Jasper will keep one eye open even while he is sleeping in case I move. I think he is worried I will go out and leave him.

They seem to be able to sense if I'm actually going to leave the house. It must be the routine...not sure, but if I go into the bathrom and start brushing my hair or applying my makeup they will sit as close as they can get and almost have this nervous look in their eyes and an agitated restlessness about them, not as calm and relaxed as if I'm sitting at the computer or outside reading in the sunroom.


Jasper has moved now. He hasn't gone far, just a few feet away, off the carpet and onto the nice cool tiles. The front door is open and there's a lovely breeze coming in.


 We've had 3 days of rain and it was so humid just before that. It took at least two days to cool the house down. Jasper loves to sit and look out at the street and occassionally bark at a bird sitting in the bird bath. but for now he's laying on the tiles and contentedly looking out the front door taking in the goings on of a busy day time street.


Marley is sitting on both feet now. He got up when Jasper did and got himself something to chew on, a plastic bone that's supposed to be good for their teeth. He's plonked himself back onto both my feet and has me prisoner...oh well, guess I'll just have to stay here awhile longer and keep posting....

No comments:

Post a Comment