Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hooked on Crochet

I bought a book from Spotlight. A great beginners manual with some lovely projects. I really enjoyed learning the zig zag chevron stitch. It took me awhile to work out the pattern since I've always crocheted just by looking at a piece and copying the stitches and was never taught to read a pattern. So it's been an achievement learning to crochet from a pattern.

Chevron Stitch

Throw Rug and Bolster

I just LOVE the colours

Enough wool left over for a scarf....

...and an extra cushion...

My first attempt at crocheting flowers

Ready for Winter

Learn To Crochet
Spotlight Stores $9.95

'Fingerless Gloves'
Another of the cute projects Little Miss and I taught ourselves to make.
 
My favourite crochet stitch at the moment though is this simple 'V' stitch.

This month I also discovered 'Mr Tea'. Isn't he cute. Just add your favourite tea leaves and let him soak in your tea cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment